Sunday, January 4, 2015

Retirement?

I used some of the money to turn his spider infested garage into this beautiful game room. I hired a contractor and Sandor and I planned everything down to the last detail: Built in bookcases, an alcove style wood stove, huge handmade walnut game table that seats 12, all the old family photos in antique frames and my Dad's beautiful bar. It was a labor of love and even has a hidden door in the bookcase that leads to outside...you just pull a candlestick and the bookcase swings open!
Four huge windows look out onto a greenbelt. There are always family events taking place with such a large family!




For my next project, I tore apart the front yard and paver by paver made this beautiful patio. It took me all summer but it was well worth it. Next summer, I will work on the back yard!

 I visit my 92 yr. old father in law about 12 hours or more a week and have since March. He was moved from Boise to a Memory Care Unit here and Sandor and I have the main responsibility for him. It seems I do more now then when I was working! And so goes my retirement!

No comments:

Post a Comment