Sunday, November 27, 2011

The First Time



The First Time

I held you in my arms tonight,
As an Oreo you ate;
All chocolate mess and sticky,
You didn’t care that it was late.

Mom and Dad were showing their new truck,
While I held you in my arms;
You held me tight and wanted kisses,
I was a captive of your charms.

You covered me in gooey chocolate,
And pressed your fingers to my shirt;
Then as you pointed…called me “Nana”;
With the widest grin, you little flirt!

Those first words of recognition,
Now, you’ve given me a name;
With naming me, you stole my heart,
I’ll never again be quite the same.

They didn’t tell me at your birth,
The joy in store, you see;
The first time you called me, “Nana”, 
                                           With Love meant for only me!

                                                                                      Nana Lynn 03-10-00

No comments:

Post a Comment