Tuesday, December 14, 2021

 


Love and Laughter of Yore

In this season, where Covid 19 has laid siege to our homes,

I am finding the internet my safest place to roam;

Afraid to visit and so lacking of hugs,

Memory Lane's sure producing the greatest of tugs.


My days spent in Guilford offer the safest of Havens,

Wandering memories of Old, offers the Love I am cravin;

When missing the grandkids and sometimes in tears,

My mind takes me back to those earliest years.


Funny, how we compensate for what we are lacking,

Oh, how I wish this Covid would cease its attacking!

I visit those days of yore, when I felt so much love,

And each night, I send a prayer to "Our God" up above!


Return us to days of memory making with family and friends,

And gatherings, not fearing we cause the life of someone to end;

Send us Your Healing this Christmas, that is all that we ask,

So, we can see the smiles of our loved ones, not hidden by masks.


You have shown us how fragile our existence can be,

Please give us, "Your Miracle" of being Covid Free.


Christmas 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment