Thursday, January 22, 2015

Essence of Me








I am here in the sunrise,
Footsteps upon the mist of the lawn;
See me in morning's pale skies,
As your cheeks are caressed by the dawn.



I am here in the bird's song,
A voice that whispers to you;
For that is where I belong,
In the light of a new morning's dew.



I am here in the warmth of sunlight,
Wrapped in soft summer breeze;
Or touch me in the twilight,
Light beams upon the waves of the seas.



I am here in the winds of March air,
Kisses cold against your face;
Arms that surround you with care,
In an awakening spring like embrace.



I am here by the fireside,
In the silence of the night;
Or see me dance on the tide,
When the moonlight is just right.



I am here in the depths of sadness,
When your tears so eagerly flow,
Or in the laughter of your gladness,
I am that special warm glow.



I will be here with you ever,
Though in time I must depart;
But in soft memories, forever,
I'll live on within your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment